Ethical Decision Making
Time & Location
About The Event
This one-day workshop run by Dr Amanda Nickson from Interactive Solutions, will focus on personal and professional values, value conflicts together with analysing ethical dilemmas to make informed ethical decisions. It will provide you with different ethical decision making tools and how to apply to real life scenarios. The workshop will cover the values, standards and responsibilities in the AASW Code of Ethics and explore managing dilemmas as a supervisor.
Through this workshop you will gain:
- An understanding of personal and professional values, value conflicts and how to manage these professionally
- Knowledge in how to analyse ethical dilemmas and make informed ethical decisions
- Knowledge of different ethical decision-making models and tools and how to apply them to real life scenarios
- Knowledge and understanding of the values, standards and responsibilities in the AASW Code of Ethics
- An understanding of alternative philosophical perspectives on the nature of ethics
- Skills in managing ethical dilemmas as a supervisor.
Dr Nickson is a social worker with 35 years of experience and a passion for ethical practice and good quality supervision. She is in private practice at Interactive Solutions and is a former lecturer in Social Work and Human Services at James Cook University, where she worked for 13 years. Dr Nickson has extensive practice and supervision experience in managing ethical dilemmas and has taught Professional Values and Ethics at JCU for 8 years. She has a publication in the area of teaching professional values and ethics using scenario-based learning.
- AASW Member$140$1400$0
- Non Member$170$1700$0
- AASW Member - Student$40$400$0
- Non Member - Student$60$600$0