Making The Most Of Supervision
Time & Location
About The Event
Professional supervision is central to the maintenance of best practice and quality supervision delivers the greatest opportunity for reflection, learning and enhanced professional competence. Whether you're an experienced or new supervisor, or a supervisee - this workshop will deliver a nuanced awareness of the factors that can help or hinder supervision, strengths-based supervision, and models of supervision.
Through this workshop you will gain:
- An understanding of what supervision is
- Knowledge of what makes supervision work well
- Knowledge of the core functions of supervision
- Knowledge of alternative models, including peer supervision and group supervision
- Skills in balancing building on strengths and having difficult conversations
- Skills in managing tensions while grounded in social work values and ethics
Dr Nickson is a social worker with 35 years of experience and a passion for ethical practice and good quality supervision. She is in private practice at Interactive Solutions and is a former lecturer in Social Work and Human Services at James Cook University, where she worked for 13 years. Her PhD research was in Peer Group Supervision in rural and remote Australia in virtual teams.
- AASW Member$140$1400$0
- Non Member$170$1700$0
- AASW Member - Student$40$400$0
- Non Member - Student$60$600$0